I found this chicken recipe last night in the Summer 2007 Kraft Food and Family magazine that turned out AMAZING!!!! It's called Grilled Bruschetta Chicken. Here's the recipe. Wow! It's gotta be one of my favorite dishes now! I've been loving basil lately (fresh!) so I bought a basil plant yesterday and actually used a few of the leaves for the dish. I had a sandwich from Panera bread a while back that had basil leaves on it and it was sooooo good, so I decided I needed my own plant. I made homemade rolls (OK, Rhodes rolls - but they tasted homemade!), broccoli with cheese, and rice to go with it. I sure enjoyed eating my meal last night! I BBQed chicken for Kent and Morgan b/c I figured they would enjoy that better, and I was right. I got to eat the leftovers for lunch today and it was still just as good! Chalk one up for a successful recipe find!

Here is another recipe that turned out to be a hit this weekend - The Best Lemon Bars. Hilary, I tried looking for the recipe you gave me a long time ago, but couldn't find it, so I was going to have you email it to me, but I didn't get a chance to ask you and wait for your response, so I looked on Allrecipes.com and found a really easy, yummy recipe. You'll find it here. I did some of the things the people suggested, like add 1/4 tsp salt to the crust, use 1/2 cup lemon juice and let the crust cool before adding the lemon topping. I used the 9x13 pan size and think they turned out great. We went to my twin nieces' blessings on Sunday and brought the lemon bars as well as triple chocolate chunk brownies. Talk about a smorgasboard of delicious food!!!! It was great!
Anyway, two new recipes that were good enough to make it into my "favorites" recipe box!



2 comments:
I am definitely going to try out your lemon bar recipe. I've been craving them lately! What a yummy summer treat. Thanks!!
mmm.... the chicken looks good. Don't tomatoes scare you with "Sam and Ella" and all that? ;o) I wonder if Mike would eat it... he hates tomatoes.
Your lemon bar recipe looks good. I don't think mine is special, but am flattered you thought of me! :O)
Post a Comment