Saturday, August 2, 2008

Pioneer Day

Look at all those cute pioneer children! Loved Jacob's hat and gun!

Tyler having a go at spitting a watermelon seed.

Kent in the pie eating contest. He didn't even come close to winning, but he sure had fun!

The three amigas - of course Macie and Morgan ham it up for the camera!


I've been extremely busy lately (what's new?), so I am just now sitting down to blog the happenings of the last couple weeks. The Pioneer Day was the last activity I was in charge of as Ward Committee Chairman. It turned out really fun and we made some great memories. I think watching the pie eating contest was my favorite, although I was pretty impressed with how far some of the adults spit the watermelon seeds! I made a poster of the activity and hung it up on Sunday so everyone could see all the action that took place. A lady in the ward put together a "Mormon Trail" putt-putt that looked like a lot of fun and we had a lot of people there with a lot of good food. I think it turned out to be the best one I was in charge of yet!

And so you ask, "What is Kris's new calling?" Well, I am now the first counselor in the Primary (children's organization at church). We have a great presidency and it will be fun to work with them. I'll actually have a group to work with when planning activities! Tyler and Morgan love having me in Primary with them, and now I can keep an eye on them and make them behave! ;)

It's my turn to do Sharing Time this month, but we are going to Evansville this weekend for a family reunion. I'm staying with my best friend from high school, so that will be fun to catch up. Then my extended family and we are going to Holiday World on Monday. Should be fun, but we'll all be exhausted by the time we get home! It's about the only "vacation" I'm getting this summer, so I can't wait. Pictures to follow when I get the chance.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Hilary said...

I hope you're having a fun getaway! Holiday World... what a funny name!

Your activity looks like a smashing success.... good job!

And Primary!!! How fun! You'll do great. Sugardoodle.net