So yesterday Tyler comes home from school and is holding this piece of tissue and says he needs to call someone. This is the conversation:
Kris: Who do you need to call?
Tyler: A friend from school.
K: Who?
T: Emily.
(I start to sort of chuckle.)
K: Why do you need to call her?
T: I don't know. She told me to. She said she would tell me when I called her.
(smart girl!)
K: OK, but you need to do your homework.
T: OK, but let's hurry up so I can call her!
So after his homework was done, I strained to read the PENCILED phone number off of the tissue to Tyler while he dialed it. I was laughing the whole time he was talking to her because after he asked if Emily was there he said, "What did you want?" right away - so boy-like! After a couple minutes he hung up the phone and this was our next conversation:
K: So, what did Emily want?
T: She wants to come over to play sometime.
K: Oh, well maybe she can do that sometime (not really knowing if that will happen or not!). Is that all she wanted?
T: She just wanted to talk, I guess.
I really had to control my laughter b/c I was thinking how sly the little girl was to give Tyler her phone number and tell him to call her so she didn't have to and just the fact that Tyler is in 1st grade and calling girls! Really, though, I think it was very innocent b/c Kent asked Tyler later on if Emily was his girlfriend and he said, no, they were only friends. Anyway, I told Tyler we should write her number somewhere else so we could read it better and have it handy, so we found a piece of paper on the fridge that had the phone number of a friend of his who gave it to Tyler last year that we never ended up calling. Once he saw it, he wanted to give Owen a call to say hi, even though he rides his bus. I guess he was just so excited to be able to use the phone like we do! So he and Owen talked for just a second. It's funny how 1st grade conversations on the phone last about 1 minute tops! :)
It was quite entertaining to me and I think Tyler felt all grown-up! What a funny memory it will be. I regret throwing away the tissue and didn't even think about keeping it until Kent asked me if I had. What a shame to be called a scrapbooker and do such a thing! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
This is priceless. What a cute story. I have a story for you, just not as cute...
Tonight was Kody's back to school night and I was excited to meet "Ophelia's" parents, because Kody seems to be pretty smitten with her. Dave and I saw where Ophelia's desk was and started aproaching to say hi... and then we realized, Ophelia has TWO MOMMIES. Kinda threw us for a loop because I was prepareed to say "You must be Ophelia's Mom and Dad" what was I suppose to say now??? "Oh, you must be Ophelia's Mommies???" Good thing we are moving soon...
Post a Comment