
So, Kent decided that since he was home last week for Spring Break, that he would take Harrison's pacy away from him - cold turkey. I thought otherwise, and thought it would be best to gradually take it away, giving it to him at nap and bedtime, but not letting him have it during the day. He WAS getting a little too attached to and use to the thing in his mouth because he would sit and bend it and play with it just out of habit. I told Kent it was his thing and I wouldn't give Harrison his pacy, but I wasn't going to be the one to try to get him asleep or get up 20 times a night if he woke up. The first couple days were kind of rough. Kent had to lay down on the floor next to Harrison's bed in order for him to take a nap and he woke up quite a few times the first night. The second day he cried about 15 minutes at naptime, but finally fell asleep. And the 2nd and 3rd night he slept all the way through! So although I fought it at first, I have to admit it is nice not to have to worry about whether we remembered the pacy when going somewhere, trying to wash it off more often since he had been sick, wiping the drool off his face b/c of him playing with his pacy, etc! He found the string that attached to it this morning, which kind of got him wanting it again, but I hid it and I think he's fine now. Kent would have killed me if I had let something slip by - all that work for nothing! :) He now goes to bed at night just fine, reading books and singing to himself, but sometimes when he first wakes up he is pretty cranky and doesn't know what he wants, which is so frustrating sometimes! Anyway, another milestone behind us! My baby is growing up! Thanks Kent for being so determined, patient, and willing to get through it! Now on to potty-training! Hee, hee JUST KIDDING! I'm not quite ready for that! Maybe in about a year or so!




3 comments:
Alright! Way to go guys! Kris, that is such a cute picture at the top of the post. I love how green your grass is and those flowers in the bacground are gorgeous!!
Way to go! I'm SO impressed. I told Alan what Kent was up to and I think we'll be following in your footsteps soon. We're ready to move past the binky phase too. :)
Look at that cute straddle stance! I remember my babies doing that! Good job! Your mute button is gone now! ;0)
Post a Comment