Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

I started my Mother's Day early on Saturday when Kent came home with a dozen roses. What a sweet surprise! Actually I guess I should say even earlier than that when I bought myself a shirt at Layers and a cute new spring purse. :) Also, on Friday I went to a Mother's Day Tea at Tyler's school. We had cookies and punch and was able to hang out with the other mothers and his teacher for a little bit. Tyler gave me a little flower and some cute cards. It was funny because they colored a teapot and stapled a tea bag to it with a cute poem. Later I had to tell him that we don't drink black or green tea, but that herbal teas were OK! It was kind of humorous. Anyway, Sunday morning Kent made pancakes with strawberries and whipped cream and smoky links - yum! Then we took some quick pictures before heading off to church. All the women got a huge Hershey's bar (they've learned we like chocolate more than flowers!). I was in charge of Sharing Time, so I had the kids make cards for their mom out of mini cupcake liners and pipe cleaners. They were cute, but the silly things didn't want to stick to the paper very well! After church we headed up to the Allens and had a nice cookout/turkey and noodles dinner (Gary wanted steaks and Carol wanted turkey and noodles! - kind of weird, but still all delicious!) I definitely ate my fair share of sweets! All in all it was a nice Mother's Day.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Kris, oh my word, your hair is so long! I. Love. It. It's gorgeous. You are one hot Mama! Happy Mother's Day!

Jeni Allen said...

Kris, Sydney made me the same teapot and was so upset when I wouldn't drink it. She kept saying, "oh, it's not black tea mom, it's peanut butter tea." or "maybe it's chocolate tea, you like chocolate don't you??" Poor girl was so sad I couldn't consume my mothers day tea!

Beth and Eric Jones said...

Love the pics and posts! You guys look so good and I can't believe how big Harrison looks. He is ALL grown up!