Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Labor Day weekend Part I

This has nothing to do with Labor Day weekend, but I thought I would stick it in anyway.

A couple mind benders I heard on the radio this past week:

Americans will consume 2.5 gallons of this in a life time - what is it?
These last on average 7 months, what are they?

The answers are at the bottom of the post!

Also, here are the kids with their "adopted" grandma and grandpa - our neighbors who live next door, Marilyn and Charlie. The kids love going over there for chocolate milk or to just sit on the porch and hang out with them. They are such nice neighbors who would do anything for us!




On Saturday they had an airshow at the Crawfordsville Airport, which I knew Harrison and Tyler would absolutely love, so I packed them all up and we went. Kent really wanted to go, but he had to meet with his group all day. After seeing the pictures he was really bummed he wasn't able to go - so were we!





They had remote-controlled planes that cost over $1000! Harrison kept pointing to them and saying "pane, pane". They were also able to climb into the cockpit of one plane and pretend they were flying it. They had all sorts of cool planes and some of them were the ones that performed in the airshow.
"Taz" was the pilot of this one!










This one was my favorite because it reminded me of a piece of candy corn!


Tyler's thrill of the day was watching two brothers race it out on the runway - one on a motorcycle and the other in a plane. The plane had a slow start, but in the end won by just a few feet. Tyler was in heaven watching the race and then REALLY excited to be able to talk to them afterwards and get his picture with them. He kept saying the rest of the day, "Billy and David are awesome! I'm their biggest fan for sure!!!" He couldn't stop talking about!


Waiting for the race to start:



David Werth congratulating his brother:



Billy Werth (one of the brothers) did some pretty cool tricks in the air, along with another guy who shot smoke out the back of his plane to make different designs in the air. Harrison couldn't keep his eyes off the planes, but he didn't like the loud noises of the engines and didn't like when they came zooming straight down right towards us. Morgan liked it at first, but got bored with everything after a while. I think Tyler could have stayed there all day! It was pretty sunny and humid, but there was a nice breeze, so that helped out a lot.






I knew Kent would appreciate this picture, so I made sure I saw what year it was and then asked Kent if he knew the year it was made - he was only one year off! It's a '68 Camaro - I wouldn't have had the slightest clue without the paper telling me what it was! ha!

Answers:

#1 - pool water

#2 - sunglasses

1 comment:

Heather said...

Looks like fun! Sorry we didnt end up going with you. We had a bunch of tomatoes to deal with, so we ended up canning all day!