Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I'm a big kid now!

We finally decided to take down the crib and put Harrison in a big boy bed. I had mixed feelings because I knew it meant he could get out of bed any time he wanted, but once we start potty training he will need to be able to do that. I just remember the struggle I had with Tyler trying to keep him in his bed - UGH! Do you remember swapping stories about him and Kody getting out of bed, Ashley!? :) We put Tyler and Morgan in big beds right at 2 years old, so I figured it was high time we gave Harrison a little freedom. He's actually done really well. The first couple nights he called out to us in the middle of the night wanting us to come get him, like he forgot he could get out and walk into our room himself, and he still calls out for a glass of water. The first night we put him in bed he stayed there, but by the second night he had figured out that he could get out if he wanted to! We had to put him back in bed at least 3 or 4 times. The first time I laid him down awake for a nap he stayed there and cried himself asleep (only after about 5 or 6 minutes though!), but now that he realizes he can get down I don't think that will fly. Usually he falls asleep on the way home from work or errands, so I can just put him in his bed asleep. The side bar is in storage, so we decided to try it out without it and so far he hasn't fallen out of bed yet! :) Another milestone to my baby growing up. Today he REALLY tested my nerves and patience, but I still love the little guy anyway - he's too cute to stay mad at for long!






Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Hilary said...

what a big step! I always felt like EVERYTHING changed when we went to "big girl beds." He's so cute, Kris...

Ashley said...

I can't get over how cute he is!! I don't blame you for not being able to stay mad at him one bit! Yes, I remember those days OF OUR LITTLE GUYS. Harrison sounds like he is doing really well with everything! Good luck!

Unknown said...

wow! Harrison is growing up! Thanks for the cute pics. Love, MOM

Kelly Allen said...

What a stickin cutie!!!! Leon remind me so much of harrison sometimes - it must be those big blue eyes and the crazy blonde hair!

Rona said...

That isn't the Harrison that I know :( He's to big!