It all started with Kent having to be gone until about 9 or 10 p.m. every night for the past week or so. He's had a ton of projects, papers, and presentations due this week, so he hasn't been able to come home before the kids' bedtime most nights. One night Tyler wrote a sweet note to Kent and then spelled out "To Kent" with crayons on the table to let Kent know there was a note for him. So Kent wrote him a note back and since then they have had about 4 exchanges like this. Morgan started drawing pictures for Kent too, so Kent started leaving notes for her too - picture ones that she can relate to better. Now and then he's been able to see them before they go to bed or before he leaves for the morning, but it's been very rare. I just had to document these sweet little gestures of love! Thankfully in about a week and a half Kent will be on Spring Break for two weeks! We're planning a mini vacation to Chicago for a couple days - a very needed and deserved break for everyone!
Tyler gets so excited when he finds a note for him in the morning!
To Kent from Tyler and Morgan:




3 comments:
This is so sweet. I love the cute notes. You were so smart to document it. Your Chicago trip sounds so fuN! I am excited for you. Can't wait to read all about it!!
I love it! This totally brought tears to my eyes. This is what having a family is all about! I'm glad we're family!! Chicago will be amazing!! love you guys!
that is adorable. What sweet times.
Post a Comment