At school Morgan made this very cute picture of her and me and framed it in a picture frame she painted and decorated. She also made a card and tried spelling my name, but couldn't quit figure it out. She couldn't wait to give it to me until today, so I opened it when we got home on Friday.
Tyler put together (well, Kent did really) and painted a little bird house in scouts and wrote a cute poem at school to give me today. This is what the poem said:
Mom
loveing careing huging
Mother of Tyler Morgan
Harruson. Lover of
Tyler Morgan Harruson.
She feels happy when she
is with her children.
She needs flowers,
cute bags and chocolate.
She gives hugs. She fears
snakes rats and squirrels
Who would like to
go to a vestivill (festival). Reside-
nt of Carmel Kris
I asked him how he knew how to spell squirrel and resident. He said they were words on the board. I thought it was so funny that he said I need flowers, cute bags and chocolate - he knows me pretty well! It sounds like a certain type of poem, but I can't think of what kind. Anyway, I thought it was just too cute. The festival he was talking about was the Strawberry Festival in Crawfordsville.
I was able to buy a cute outfit for Mother's Day and Kent made me breakfast and lunch, as well as got the kids ready for church, stayed with Harrison in nursery (he stayed for a while by himself, but then decided he didn't like that anymore), did the dishes and was very patient and easy-going about all the pictures he had to take. He's not one who likes to spend a lot of time taking pictures, so I was happy he did that for me.
For part of my Mother's Day gift, I wanted to take some pictures of the kids and me together at this beautiful park/garden near our apt. It was gorgeous and I can just imagine it will be even prettier in the summer when everything is in full bloom. Kelly, you HAVE to come see it and take some pictures! We had such a fun time and it was such a beautiful day. It was called Coxhall Gardens. There was a pond, bridge, two bell towers (reminded me of Purdue!), lots of gorgeous landscaping, and a children's garden. So cool! There was also this place that looked like a Greek ampi-theater with Italian aqua-ducts. I wonder if they do outdoor concerts there or something. That would be fun to go to. I loved exploring and just relaxing with my family on this beautiful Mother's Day.
On the way back from our photo fling at the park, the kids were just cracking up laughing and I took a mental picture of it. I thought about how moments like those weren't going to last forever, so I had to enjoy them while I could. Even though things don't go smoothly all the time every day (whose does!?) I love my kids and they are truly such wonderful little people. I love Tyler's keen awareness of safety, responsibility, and truly wanting to do what's right. I love Morgan's creativity, willingness to love and help others, and her adorable laughs and giggles. I love Harrison's bright blue eyes and blonde hair, the way he makes us all laugh, and his strong curiosity and love of seeking out a new adventure where ever he may be. What a blessing AND responsibility Heavenly Father has given me to raise these wonderful little spirits. I've learned so much since becoming a mother and I know I have lots more to perfect, overcome and learn, but that is the fun of the journey, no?
Happy Mother's Day to all those who have inspired me, influenced me and supported me while going through this journey of motherhood.



5 comments:
Happy Mothers day to you Kris! I hope you had a great day! The pics are beautiful. You are very talented! Craig said your kids are adorable. Can't wait to see you all again sometime.
Your post made me cry a little. What a beautiful Mother's Day post. Your children are so blessed to have you as their mommy. love ya!
Great pics Kris!!! You are such a great example to me!
you look so pretty, Kris! You are a wonderful Mother!
So cute Kris. Loved this post. You are pretty inside and out! :)
Post a Comment