Tuesday, May 4, 2010

What a great reminder . . .

I recently re-read the article More Diligent and Concerned at Home by Elder Bednar from the October 2009 General Conference. The following scripture really stuck out to me and helped me remember that although my efforts may seem insignificant and useless sometimes, there really is a very important purpose behind it all! It gave me the boost I needed to keep going and reminded me that what I am doing as a mother and wife is very important and recognized by the Lord. Even though it seems like everything went smoothly this past week or so, I definitely had my moments of frustration, exasperation, and times where I just wanted to forget it all and say "you do it yourself; I'm tired of trying to do it all for everyone." (Trust me Beth, I know how you feel!) But I KNOW because of humble prayers, continuing effort and lots of faith, I was able to bear my burdens with much more ease than if I hadn't relied on Heavenly Father to help me out. What a blessing it is to have that knowledge and to feel it in my life every day. I made a print out and put it on my fridge as a daily reminder of the great responsibility and privilege it is to raise my children and be a wife.

"Wherefore, be not weary in well-doing, for ye are laying the foundation of a great work. And out of small things proceedeth that which is great."
- Doctrine and Covenants 64:33

2 comments:

Kelly Allen said...

Kris, Thanks for the reminder. I think I need to reread that talk too. I've felt the same way lately. Isn't wonderful how the gospel puts things back into perspective - it's just another testimony that it's real.

Hilary said...

i love this, Kris. Thanks for sharing... (HUG)