Friday, November 19, 2010

Thumbs down, thumbs up . . .

Thumbs down: I've had to drive 40 minutes to the doctor last Friday AND today because Tyler and now Harrison got double ear infections.

Thumbs up: They happened before the weekend and before Thanksgiving. And they are feeling much better (well, Harrison should by tomorrow once the antibiotics kick in).



Thumbs down: It is cold and windy and I DON'T like it!

Thumbs up: Perfect weather for delicious soups, stews and homemade breads! YUM!


AND THE BIG ONE:


Thumbs down: I have had to deal with Kent being overly stressed, needing haircuts MUCH more often (which I do myself), needing help with ironing much more than usual, having to travel and leave me with the kids, chores, errands, day-to-day problems, etc (wait . . . don't I do that anyway!? ha!) a few times recently.

Thumbs up: Kent got an offer from Cummins and he accepted it!!!!! So we'll be in Columbus, IN for 8 weeks of the summer and then who knows where after that - but it is not a rotational, so we will be able to stay put and not have to move every year for 2 or 3 years! Plus we will be able to stay in the Midwest! I am so proud of him and knew he could find a good job. We've been so tremendously blessed and taken care of. Definitely a time of Thanksgiving for us!

6 comments:

Alan and Jeni said...

Congratulations!!!! That is wonderful news. Yay for Kent and for you for helping him through school. What a great wife you are.

Kayli said...

I wanted to say congratulations but I saw that it was already said, and then I started writing 'yay for Kent and you' which I then saw had also already been said. How rude.
But YAHOOO anyway! I'm really happy for you guys!

And I also agree with the weather/soup thumbs.

dmorganfam said...

That is great news! I have always really liked Columbus. And you will be in the same stake as your parents. Way to go Kent (And You too for all the support you give him!)

Beth and Eric Jones said...

YEA!!!! I am so happy for your family! You guys deserver nothing but the best! xoxo

Jessica said...

Great news about the job!!!!

Jeni Allen said...

Congratulations on the job! That's awesome! I'm so happy for you guys!