This year I was able to enjoy our tradition of going to the Children's Museum on Christmas Eve instead of staying home sick! It was CRAZY! Lots of people - more than I remember before. The line for the Yule Slide was so long that we didn't even try to go down it. They had an exhibit about penguins and polar bears and they were handing out free stuffed polar bears, so all the kids got one and they actually all got brought home! :)
I hadn't seen the Barbie exhibit before and I must say that it was super cool! We didn't even get to see it all and we were there for quite some time. Morgan was in HEAVEN! Poor Tyler got bored and couldn't wait to get out of there! :) Harrison enjoyed being CEO. Morgan loved getting dressed up and taking a stroll down the catwalk!
The other new exhibit I hadn't seen before was the Egypt one. That and the Barbie exhibit were my favorite by far. We took a plane ride to get there and then got to see the sights of Egypt, their traditions, houses, clothing, religious beliefs, etc. Very neat.
Later, when we got to my parents' house, Kent and I went to see this house that had 62 trees ALL INSIDE THEIR HOUSE and a huge snow village filling 3 sides of their garage. It was kind of cool to see, but definitely a little gaudy. They actually live inside during the whole month they have it set up, but can't use their kitchen and have to move trees out of the way to do their laundry. There was even one in the bathtub! Each tree has a theme. You could tell that even with all the Christmas trees and decorations gone, the house would be totally cramped with decorations and what not. A little claustrophobic for me! Now I can say I've seen it and I really don't need to go and see it again. Kent had seen it last year, so he really didn't want to go, but he was a good sport and went with me since I missed out last year.







1 comment:
The Christmas tree house is crazy. Who are those people? How funny.
Post a Comment