Monday, January 10, 2011

A Homemade Christmas.

We decided to draw names this year for Christmas on Kent's side and the one stipulation was that the gifts had to be homemade and inexpensive. Well, for SOME reason, the girls and kids ended up with homemade gifts, but the guys all had store-bought gifts! Hmmm. . . imagine that! ;) Oh well, it WAS kind of hard to think of what we could make for a guy, except maybe food. We also exchanged families on my side, so I put together a cute hot chocolate-themed gift for my brother's family. It included the hot chocolate ornament you see, some mugs, a couple different gourmet hot chocolates, candy canes, and some chocolate/peppermint dipped marshmallows.


Clockwise: hot chocolate ornament (made in Enrichment - I'm not near that smart to make that up on my own!), I Spy quiet bag for my two nephews (also got the idea from Enrichment, but I fancied mine up a bit more), a necklace and earrings set for my mother-in-law (made with the help from a lady in my ward who does this as a side business. I LOVED how they turned out!), chocolate/peppermint dipped marshmallows, and flower hair clips for my niece (I made a set for Morgan, our new baby, a friend of Morgan's, and her new little sister too!)

It was a lot of fun to make all these gifts AND very affordable! I wouldn't mind doing it again!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Kris, your gifts look fantastic! You did such a wonderful job on them!