Tuesday, January 4, 2011

One month left!

I can't believe I only have one month left before I'm due! This week we started pulling baby stuff out of storage. I can't believe how many things you need for a baby. I'm stuffing it all in Morgan's closet or in the corner of the living room for now. I separated, washed, and organized all the clothes I have. I didn't realize how many onesies and little gowns I have! But a lot of them came from my SIL who is letting me borrow them. I'll be able to use a lot of Morgan's cute little summer dresses if I put long-sleeve white onesies and tights under them. She's going to be here before we know it!

I'm a little concerned about when she decides to arrive since I will have two kids to get to school in the morning and another one at home. I've had a lot of people offer their help, so I'm sure it will all work out. One nice thing about having older kids is that they can help out and will be gone during the day, so it will be less chaotic, but having to get them out the door and then make sure all their homework, baths, etc get down at night will be quite a challenge! Plus hopefully she won't come two weeks early because we are going to Disney on Ice then. Anytime after that will be OK. Harrison was 6 days early and the other two were late, so I'm pretty sure she won't come that early. Here's hoping!

So I think we have a name picked out - FINALLY! Her name will most likely be Callie Brynn. We haven't agreed on any other names, so I'm pretty sure this will be it. I like the name Callie because my great-grandma was named Callie, plus it isn't used a whole lot, and I wanted a family name like we used for the other kids. Kent really likes the name Brynn, and Callie Brynn flows better than Brynn Callie. I really don't know why we had so much trouble agreeing this time!

Anyway, it's been fun getting everything ready for the big day! Still need to get some diapers though. I go to the doctor again on Thursday. I've got this itchy rash all over my arms and legs, but no where else, so I really don't know what it is from. There aren't huge bumps or major redness, but if you run your hand over my arm, you can feel a lot of small little bumps. I bought some different fabric softener, but I don't itch anywhere besides my arms/hands and legs/feet. I'll probably ask the doctor about it. I'll keep you all updated!

4 comments:

Jeni Allen said...

That is so exciting that you are so close! We are hoping for a very uneventful, happy birth! Tell Callie hi from us!

Jo said...

Hi Kris!! I can't believe how big the kids have gotten! Thank you for the Christmas e-card. I love the name Callie Brynn and I hope she comes on time for you. What an exciting time!! Hopefully our paths will cross some time again!
Jo Dark and fam

Beth and Eric Jones said...

LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEE the name. I tried so hard with Maci and this one to fit Callie into it, but it just didnt' fit. Don't you have fond memories of her--quiet, danty, sweet, beautiful?!!! I am so excited for you. I have picked up the phone a couple times this week to call you, but have been pulled away by my crazy energized bunny! I will call you though before your baby is born! I only have 7 weeks to go and boy can I hardly wait!!! We are going to name her Addelyn Marie So anywho...I will call you soon. Love ya!

Ashley said...

Oh my goodness. I LOVE her name!!! It's precious. I am getting so excited to see this cute little baby! You will have to post a picture as soon as you can. :)