Sunday, April 24, 2011

Purdue's Spring Fest


The kids had a blast at the Bug Bowl, or Spring Fest, this year. We got free snow cones, cotton candy, face paintings, balloon hats and T-shirts. It was rainy and chilly in the morning, so I didn't know if we would be able to go, but by the afternoon the sun came out and it was perfect weather. They got to pet a huge cockroach, sit in a big tractor, see lots of farm animals, and my favorite, walk through this super cool maze sculpture made out of willow twigs. It is suppose to last for three years before it starts to deteriorate. There weren't near as many things going on at the Agriculture Mall as there was a few years ago when we went before. They used to have this guy making sculptures with a chain saw of animals and things out of big tree trunks, but I didn't see him this year. They also usually have a competition for making sculptures out of bricks and mortar. Didn't see that either. But there was a lot going on over at the Memorial Mall that kept us pretty busy. This is always a big event for Purdue in the spring and we'll miss it when we move!




Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Alan and Jeni said...

Oh, that looks like so much fun! I wish we could have made it this year. It has changed a lot from when we were students though. Most of the action is at the Memorial Mall and not at the Hort building. I guess the Brick Bowl is a thing of the past. :( Anyway, I'm glad you guys enjoyed it!