Moving was SOO easy this time! We've never had anyone move us and I just have to say that I would highly recommend it! Stress free and backache free too! They movers were really friendly and polite. I had some help cleaning from some AWESOME neighbors and had another awesome friend watch the kids so they weren't in the way. Thanks so much everyone!!!! The hardest part was once the movers had unpacked pretty much most of the inside stuff and just placed everything either on the counter tops, floor, table, chairs, beds or dressers. I felt a little overwhelmed and a bit cramped to say the least, but at least they hung our clothes in the closets. But they hung some of Kent's clothes in my closet and some of his in mine! They don't really care about things like that I guess. The kids loved getting up in the semi and honking the horn. That thing was HUGE! It was so big they had to use a small 17 foot U-haul to shuttle everything from our apartment and storage unit to the semi, so we didn't even see the semi until it showed up at our house in Columbus. They pretty much filled it to the brim with all our stuff though! We got rid of A LOT of stuff, but still have a ton. I guess with 4 kids and 11 years of marriage behind us, that is to be expected. I can't believe how many boxes marked "toys" there were! And of course those were the ones unpacked first. :) It was like Christmas all over again for those guys. Lots of toys that had been in storage were so fun to play with again, but sadly, a lot of them have gone back onto the shelves or in the toy box, only to be forgotten. I took a box full out to keep for when Callie is a bit older so we would have room for all the toys they play with now, so in about a year or so we will have to go through and get rid of all the baby toys.


Why not use the empty boxes as forts? The kids had a ball doing this until Kent said they were taking up too much space and had to be thrown out. Party pooper. I kind of agreed, but didn't want to be the bad guy! :)
I am glad to be mostly settled in and am going to enjoy not having to move again for quite some time!
No comments:
Post a Comment