So we finally got rid of that ugly, huge pool table light in the living room and replaced it with this nice little chandelier light instead. It makes the room look so much bigger and it looks so much better too! If you forgot what the pool table light looks like, here is a reminder. I also rearranged the furniture to make it more compatible for conversation and we added curtain rods and hung the curtains. It is starting to look more like a home!
We replaced the ceiling fan in the family room because it was way too low and it didn't give off much light either. Now Kent can walk underneath it without hitting his head on the chains! I also finally put up a bunch of picture frames on the fireplace wall. Now I just need a way to hide all those toys so it doesn't look so busy and cluttered! I forgot I have a bench toybox that my aunt gave me that needs a new bottom put in it, so I will start working on that once it gets a bit warmer out. A new bottom and a nice, fresh coat of paint will make it look darling AND hide all those toys!
We also replaced the boys' ceiling fan because it didn't work right and it didn't give off much light. I got the staircase wall painted and all the trim primed, so now I just have to make time to finish up painting the trim and the the downstairs should be pretty much done. The kids' bathroom is going to be a nightmare because we need to paint the ceiling, prime EVERYTHING - walls, trim, AND door then paint it all. Ugh. Not looking forward to that, but then we'll be good to go for a while. The upstairs hallway and stairwell and front entry needs painting, but the ceiling is too high over the steps and all those things are the same color and flow into each other, so we'll probably have to hire someone to paint the stairs wall at some point.








4 comments:
It's all coming together nicely!! Love it! And Callie is just ADORABLE!!!!
LOVE all your decorating. You have such a good eye for it Kris.
Thanks for sharing. Love the mantle and what you have done. It's amazing how much a few touches add to the feeling of your home. You have a great eye and a beautiful home.
Your house looks so pretty Kris! I love your Fireplace!
Carrie
Post a Comment