On Tuesday we went to this cool Safari thing where you drive around in your car and throw food out to wild animals roaming around. I'd have to say this was probably the most entertaining thing we did!

They weren't afraid at all and would just come right up to your window (you had to leave them 1/2 closed so they wouldn't try to nip at you or bite you!) looking for food.

They weren't afraid at all and would just come right up to your window (you had to leave them 1/2 closed so they wouldn't try to nip at you or bite you!) looking for food.

This silly Emu was very out-going and stuck his head right in the car and grabbed the plastic cup of food right out of Kent's hand! We had to watch all of them closely after that.

This camel was behind a fence, so we didn't think it got as much food, so we pulled up as close as we could and it ate a chunk of food right out of Kent's hand. It was very friendly and gentle. Nothing like those other animals that swarmed the car!

This big Texas Longhorn scraped up the side of the Thompson's van! If any animals scratched our van, it would have just blended in with all the other scrapes and scratches. :) We saw a nice Mustang drive in when we were leaving and almost warned them to turn around. But I guess that's a risk you take.

Well, I was turned around talking to Kent and when I was done, I looked out my window and saw this . . .

It scared the living daylights out of me!
Here is one of the alligators. Luckily, they weren't roaming free.


Here is a Nile Crocodile. The sign said it eats ANYTHING. Thus the 3 layers of metal fence. He looked pretty ferocious.

















2 comments:
I can't believe those animals right up next to the car!!! Crazy! Looks like such an amazing adventure for everyone!
Looks like fun! Callie is adorable!
Post a Comment