Monday, April 2, 2012

Spring Break - Green Mountain Park and the hotel


There were SO many beautiful rolling hills! We drove up this hill and went for a nice Sunday hike after church at this little park in the hills. It was just gorgeous! And there were some pretty nice homes up there as well.






In case you can't read the sign, it says "Smoker's Pot. Put butts here." Andy takes things A LITTLE too seriously! :)



The Thompsons - what a cute family! What is really kind of ironic, is that Andy, the dad, is from Crawfordsville, where we used to live, so we knew his parents and sister when we lived there. Such a small world!






At the hotel.
The kids all fought to press the elevator buttons EVERY time we rode them, AND they loved running down the hallway. So, we had to make rules.
#1 NO RUNNING (you should have seen Harrison speed walking!)
#2 No yelling, use inside voices instead
#3 No fighting or arguing (mainly over the elevator buttons)

We made them recite the rules every day before we left for an activity! They loved looking through the glass elevator down into the hotel foyer (or whatever it is called).



The view of the first floor from our hotel room. It got me a bit freaked out if I got too close, and I was so afraid one of the kids would fall through to the ground to an instant death. I'm just a little bit afraid of heights. But I was fine if I kept my distance from the edge. Downstairs was the free hot/cold and everything in-between breakfast. It was DELICIOUS! Pretty much anything you ever wanted for breakfast was included. Needless to say, we made sure we got our money's worth! They had made-to-order omelets that were SOOO good and clog-your-arteries biscuits and gravy. Yum. I was excited for the cut up grapefruit, but it turned out to be not so great. I discovered Belgian waffles the last morning and Morgan discovered hot chocolate. Somehow we missed those. I think I pretty much tried everything, but always went back to the Southwestern omelet.



And of course, every spare minute was spent swimming!



I just loved all the beautiful indoor plants all around the pool.



Just chillin'. She was so proud of herself for getting up there!


The boys loved having Kent throw them into the water. Tyler was pretty good at doing flips. And Harrison went WAY up in the air!


Alesha and me



This basket was huge! It was where all the wet towels were put. I joked about just leaving Callie in there to play so she wouldn't fall into the pool. She thought it was a perfect little play pen, but I figured she shouldn't be playing in all those wet, dirty towels.


We had a suite, so we were able to close the bedroom door when Callie needed to go to sleep and we had more room for eating lunches and playing games. Plus it had a sink, microwave, cabinets, fridge and dining room table. It was the perfect little set-up.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: