OK, I think this is the last post that has to do with Morgan turning 8! SOOO glad I don't do this every year!! :) Although, I must say that planning the baptism and getting everything ready for that was a MUCH bigger task then planning her birthday party. My friend, Ashley, had a candy buffet for her baby shower a couple years ago and I just LOVED the idea and how cute everything turned out, so I decided to have one for Morgan's party as well. We didn't have a ton of different candy, but it was just about right for the girls. I made sure there was some healthy food in there as well. :) Their poor parents probably wanted to kill me for sending them home on such a sugar high! I ended up using some of the leftover candy for Harrison's party too, which was helpful. Anyway, she wanted a "Day at the spa" theme, so I got some good ideas from my friend who did one for her daughter last year. I had so much fun putting together the decorating ideas and just LOVE these paper lanterns!!!

So for our activities we had a foot soak with magazines to look at, face masks, a nail/toe painting station and I had them make homemade body glitter to take home. Some of the girls were a bit hesitant to try any of the activities, but some really got into it (like Morgan, of course!). Thank goodness for my yard sale because between the candy and the stuff for all the activities, her party got a bit pricey!!! But a lot of the things we can use over again and like I said, we used the leftover candy for H's party. I decided that since her 8th birthday is a special one, I would splurge a little more than I normally would. I think the girls had a lot of fun and definitely made some good memories!























1 comment:
I can't stop thinking how fun you are! Whenever I look at your blgo I think, you kids are so lucky to have you as a mom. She will remember this party always. :)
Post a Comment