Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Chocolate for the Spirit

 My mom wanted to treat us to this gourmet chocolate shop in the Indy City Market called Chocolate for the Spirit, so when Julie and Brent came down, we all headed over there for a sweet treat.  It was FREEZING out that night, but I tried some Mayan Chocolate that warmed my mouth up pretty good.    The guy working there explained all the different "layers" of flavor we were tasting, which was kind of cool.  But I wouldn't have chosen it to buy b/c when I eat chocolate I am wanting something sweet, not something that leaves my mouth on fire!  There were so many things to choose from it was hard to decide what to get.


 The guy explained all about the different types of base chocolates they use to make each treat and let us try all of them.  Look at those little hands ready for some tasting!



Callie giving Claire a hug!  They were so cute together!


Kent decided to get some gelato instead of chocolate.  I was tempted, but ended up getting a fancy-looking mint patty instead.  It was pretty good, but I have to admit I like York Peppermint patties better!


 The twinners


The toffee was pretty good, but I think I would have liked the milk chocolate a bit better.  We had it in dark chocolate.  The chocolate was definitely gourmet and not something I would normally crave or think kids would like as much as the "cheaper" chocolate, but it was still good and we had a super fun time doing something different and just hanging out with the family.



Julie and Claire


The gang (we missed Andy b/c he had to work)





"World's Tallest Christmas Tree"


No comments: