Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Odds and ends Christmas activities

The kids writing letters to Santa.  I think the only one that actually got mailed was Morgan's.  Good thing they sat on Santa's lap and told him what they wanted! ;)


So I saw this cute idea on Pinterest that I thought I would try out.  Kent is always telling me how he wants me to show more affection towards him (if you don't already know, I'm not a very affectionate person!), SO I thought this would be a fun, creative way to show a little affection towards him during the Christmas season.  It's called the 12 days of "Merry KISSmas".  I printed out different types of kisses I would give him (eskimo kiss, butterfly kiss, etc) and put them in these HOMEMADE envelopes and then filled up a jar with Hershey kisses to give to him.  He was suppose to open one a day the last 12 days before Christmas.  Well, it didn't go as well as I thought it would have.  He isn't one for cheesy, cutesy things, so he thought it was kind of silly and then he would forget to open one, or I would get upset at him and so I didn't feel like giving him a fun kiss, AND he had decided to try to stay away from sweets as much as possible right before I gave it to him BUT we finished them all up even if we had to catch up on some. :)  But I don't think I am going to try to do something like that again.  He just didn't appreciate my hard work and thought I put into it. :)  Oh well.  Maybe I'll find something else better next year.




Tyler had his choir concert which was really nice.  Last year they didn't do one in the evening, only during the day, so I'm SOOO glad they had one in the evening this year. They got a new music teacher so she changed things up a bit.  She seems pretty motivated.

Little Miss Callie at the concert.  She loved Grandma's Christmas bell!


 The student council had a bake sale after the concert, so Tyler and Morgan (both are on the council) helped pass out the cookies.





Harrison's class made gingerbread houses and since Kent had taken a few days off before Christmas he was able to go to his classroom and help out.  Kent said all Harrison's teachers told him how much they just love Harrison.  He's quite the charmer. :)



We decorated Christmas cookies for playgroup one day.  School was canceled that day because of ice and wind, so Tyler was able to come.  For some reason the other two didn't want to go!  I couldn't stop eating the cookies - frosted sugar cookies are one of my favorite cookies!




No comments: