Monday, May 14, 2007

A nice Mother's Day




So Kent bought me some miniature snapdragons to put in the flowerbed in the front of our house for Mother's Day. We actually had time Saturday to plant them, so we did. I think they will look so nice and add some color to the bed. They are low growing and spread, so we planted them along the sidewalk up to what used to be the porch (now it's a closet! It was like that when we bought the house. The previous owner did it b/c there is no closet space in this house!) Kent made me french toast and bacon and Tyler and Morgan made me sweet cards at church. They handed out the big Symphony bars after Sacrament meeting, but I only got the milk chocolate one instead of the toffee one - oh well! It was still delicious! I haven't eaten all of it though; I'm trying to savor it as long as I can! :) Then we went up to Kent's parents' house and had grilled hamburgers and hotdogs and cut up strawberries in sugar - yum!!! I made some homemade cards for our grandmas, but they didn't turn out as cute as I had pictured them. Oh well! It's the thought that counts. So it was a nice Mother's Day - beautiful weather!

6 comments:

Hilary said...

cute picture, Kris! My girls had that same dress, we loved it! (as Morgan)

Strange but your pictures just appeared today! ??

Glad your mother's day was happy!

Kris said...

I hadn't taken a picture of the flowers until yesterday and didn't have time to post them until today, so that is why they didn't show up until now. I remember seeing I think Ella in the dress Morgan is wearing. I love it!

Hilary said...

oh and you look more like Julie than I've ever seen you look!

Kayli said...

Cute picture Kris--you look great. Can't even tell your pregnant!
And Hazel had that dress too!
Fun fun.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

You look great Kris!

Carrie