
It was a wonderful day! I didn't get to take as many notes or listen uninterrupted because I had to feed Harrison or bounce him, etc., but it was still great. So here are some things I got out of each talk:
Jane Clayson Johnson
Embrace the season you are in. We may not be "wearing" the "shoes" we would like to be wearing, but learn to make the best of the situation we are in. Allow the Lord to use you. You won't always understand what He is doing and why, but let the Lord guide you. Ask Heavenly Father to guide you. His plan is better for you than the one you have mapped out for yourself. Don't be afraid to say you are a mother! Sanctify the divine role of mothers and others will too. Have faith He knows you and loves you - you matter to Him and to those around you.
Jen, me, Hilary Weeks, JulieHilary Weeks
Wait and listen after your morning prayers - the thoughts you have ARE from Heavenly Father. He will help you know what you need to do during the day. He WANTS to help and guide you each day.
Michael Wilcox
The power of one is incredible. One person CAN make a difference!
Mary Ellen Edmunds
Let virtue garnish your thoughts unceasingly. What do we think of ourselves? Do we let our children see us put ourselves down? Are our spirits "growling"? Meaning, are our spirits hungering and thirsting for spiritual food? Are we praying regularly, attending the temple, reading our scriptures? Am I spiritually malnurished?
Sharon Larsen
Adversity accelerates growth. My problems do not identify me. The yoke talked about in Matt. 11:28-30 is Christ's name. Take Christ's name upon us and then His way and commandments will be easy. The Holy Ghost cannot penetrate a heart that is locked up. Reach out to those who are struggling and do what the Lord wants, not what WE want. The Lord gives us more than we expect if we have faith in Him - just like the brother of Jared saw the finger and then ALL ofthe Lord, even though he was only expecting to receive light for his boats. Measure progress a little at a time.
The Walkers (President Hinckley's daughter and her 2nd husband)
Plead for peace. Love is the key - the most powerful thing in the world. Life doesn't always turn out the way you expect it, but with love, all things work out in the end. Pres. Hinckley has said that of all the things he has done in his life, the things he has done with his family are the most important to him.
It was such an uplifting day! The songs Hilary Weeks sang were beautiful and hit home so well! My sister, Julie, really came away with so much inspiration and guidance. It seemed everything was directed exactly towards her and was what she needed to hear. I felt the reality of our Savior and His love for us and know that he truly did die for us and pay the price of our sins so that we may return to live with our Heavenly Father again after this life. Tears were flowing, especially during the songs, and my gratitude for our Savior Jesus Christ, and his understanding of each of our lives personally, increased.
On a lighter note. I wanted to get some pictures of us with Hilary Weeks and Mary Ellen Edmunds. You are probably going to wonder why I have two pictures posted of us with Mary Ellen Edmunds, so I will tell you! We needed someone to take a picture for us and it happened that this one lady somehow was chosen by her friends or someone to take it for us. Not to mean, but by the way she looked I could tell that the picture might not turn out quite right, so she took it, I looked at it and sure enough, my sister-in-law's head was slightly cut off, so I had her take it again. Well, this is what it looked like the second time. (2nd picture) I was so frustrated! But I couldn't ( and DIDN'T WANT TO) ask to have it taken again, so I am just going to have to splice the two together or something! Ha! How annoying, but oh well! MEE was HILARIOUS!!! She did somber up towards the end and gave a great message, but she really was a hoot at the beginning!




3 comments:
hee hee-- your picture w/ MEE story is funny! Do you remember that she is my fave? She gave a devotional at Ricks while we were there and I was hooked. She is hilarious... and so inspiring.
Your notes were great. I loved what you wrote about: Wait and listen after your morning prayers - the thoughts you have ARE from Heavenly Father. He will help you know what you need to do during the day. He WANTS to help and guide you each day.
You guys all look so cute!
I think you mean Pres. Hinkley's daughter and her 2nd husband, not Pres. Hinkley's wife :)
You took good notes. Thanks for sharing them! I loved MEE, see was so hilarious. As soon as her talk was over i went and bought 3 of her books. We had such a fun time.
Thanks for the correction - I went in and changed it! And I even had read it over a few times before I published it and didn't notice it! :) Maybe next year I can hang out with the "non-nursing" girls! hee hee!
Post a Comment