Monday, June 2, 2008

Bridal Shower

Scott and Jana (with the kids excited to see what the next gift was going to be), the girl cousins, my cousins, Beth and me. I had one of the boy cousins, but I don't know what happened to it! Maybe I forgot to put it on the computer.

We went to Evansville for a bridal shower for my cousin Scott as well as a family reunion on the von Harten side. I should have taken a picture of the gift Julie and I gave Scott and Jana, but I didn't think about it. It was a Date Night themed shower, so we got them this ADORABLE picnic basket from Target, as well as this super CUTE striped table cloth, and plastic dish set, along with a frisbee and some wine glasses. I was so excited to give it to them and wished I was getting it myself! :) His mom got him this really cute Mexican themed gift with yellow square plates, black plastic-like little bowls for salsa, guacamole, etc and the movie The Mask of Zorro (or something like that!). My mom went the Italian route with spaghetti, sauce, parmasean cheese, wine glasses, salad bowls, spaghetti fork, a cute bread bowl they registered for, Italian hot pad and towels (with a cute chef on them), and a movie. They also got some games, gift card to I-tunes and some massage oil and lotion from my brother! Of course, they'll have to wait to use that until AFTER they get married! :) It was great to see everyone again and reminisce as well as make new memories. I won the game of not saying "wedding or ring" and won a game of Dominoes. The kids love playing it! After the shower we went to the gym and ate and played Family Fued. We didn't get very far into it before Tyler started really complaining about his throat hurting and he had a really high fever. So, our family had to cut it short and go back to my grandma's house so he could lay down. I was bummed, but I know Tyler was feeling horrible. He ended up having strep throat - yuck!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

candy's clothes closet said...

Kris your shower gift was awesome. I wish you would've taken a pic too. I know you put a lot of thought and effort into their gift. I'm sure they loved it.

Hilary said...

beth! How funny! I Haven't seen or thought of her in ages!

Your gift sounds cute and fun. Way to go!