Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Grandma's Beauty Shop




Sunday morning the kids got baths, so my Grandma asked if Morgan wanted to get her hair dried in the big hair dryer in her beauty shop. Morgan was excited to sit in the big chair and have the warm air blow her hair dry! Ever since I can remember my Grandma has been a beautician and has had her shop down in her basement. She still has a few clients, but not very many since she has a hard time getting up and down the stairs. I was going to cut Tyler's hair when we were there, but since he got sick I decided not too. You can tell he isn't feeling good in the last picture! Poor guy! I have lots of fun memories of my grandma's beauty shop - spinning in the chair; getting perms (that I now know I really didn't need!); playing with the brushes, curlers, and hair pins; washing my hair in the sink with the hose; reading magazines while waiting for my hair to dry in the big dryer; looking at all the cat paraphernalia on the walls; meeting all her customers; and sweeping up all the hair on the floor. She has always been one to look nice and all dolled up, so being a beautician really fit her!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

brcarrie said...

I remember being down there in her shop. Your grandma does not look like she has aged at all! If you come back down here make sure you call me!

candy's clothes closet said...

I never knew that your grandma had a beauty shop. I bet Morgan was in heaven.