Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Remembering my grandpas

Both of my grandpas are veterans from WWII, so on while we were down in Evansville during Memorial Day weekend my parents, Grandma von Harten, the kids and I went to the cemetery to put some flowers on their graves. I explained to Morgan who they were and what the flags meant. It was nice to go because I hadn't gone in quite a while.

I thought it was so neat that Harrison was playing with the flag in front of my grandpa's grave - kind of like a link between generations.

me, Dad, Mom

Another kind-of generation-link picture. Look how she's crossing her legs so lady-like! :)

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Kayli said...

Cool, that looks neat. I've always liked visiting cemetaries. I guess I'm lucky that they've never had a really sad connotation for me.

That is pretty cute how Morgan is sitting. :)

Hilary said...

what sweet pictures... glad you had such a sentimental Memorial Day.

candy's clothes closet said...

What a great way to connect w/ancestors. I love the idea of taking photos to bridge the generation gap.