Kent went fishing with him dad Saturday morning, so I was left with the kids and since it was such a beautiful day, I couldn't resist taking the kids somewhere to explore instead of letting them sit in front of the TV all morning to watch cartoons. The Celery Bog is only about 2 minutes from our house and the kids have never been there, so that is where we ended up. We got there a little bit before the nature center opened, so we found a trail and started hiking. There were acorns all over the place, so I filled my pockets up and plan to do a little fall decorating with them. The kids had a ball trying to find the biggest ones, as well as discovering all the cool things of nature. After the trail we went to the nature center. Morgan's favorite part was the sitting area where you could listen to and watch the birds eating at the bird feeders. She loved all the pillows and being able to lounge around. I learned that the Celery Bog isn't a bog anymore, but a marsh because it has flowing water (instead of stagnant water) and because of the vegetation growing there, like cat tails. Pretty interesting. Tyler found where we could go on a treasure hunt using a compass, so although we had already gone on the trail, we ended up doing it again, but this time Tyler learned how to use a compass and helped navigate us. I think that was his favorite part. I was kind of in a grumpy mood that morning before we left, but being outdoors and enjoying nature really helped boost my spirits. We all had a wonderful time enjoying nature and getting some fresh air. I had to carry Harrison on my back by the end b/c he was tired and I think a little spooked by the woods for some reason, but luckily he isn't that heavy! It turned out to be a really nice morning and now I want to go find some more places to explore!







2 comments:
This place is so cool?! Where is it? I seriously didn't ever know it was there? What a fun place to explore.
cool! looks fun. nice job on the dresser. and i hope tyler's class/ teacher situation is better. he's such a trooper. i wouldn't even worry about you breaking down. i do it sometimes and i'm not even pregnant! let's not even talk about being pregnant! i think you're a lot more even tempered like andy. :) lol miss you guys.
Post a Comment