Sunday, April 24, 2011

Krannert's Cultural Fest



We went to Krannert's Cultural Fest where all the different business students from around the world put together different things about their home country and made a little booth to showcase it all. They had food and snacks, dress-up clothes, pictures, art, toys, statues, etc. from all around the world. I had never been before, so I didn't know what to expect, otherwise I would have brought my camera. It was neat to learn more about the different countries represented there and to taste food from them. Most of them had really spicy food, so I tried not to eat too much of it so that it wouldn't bother Callie too much (I had an episode with jalepenos that made her not want to nurse for a whole day, so I learned my lesson - no jalepenos for me!). I think my favorite thing there was this carbonated apple soda from Tawain - de-lish! It tasted like a green apple sucker! They had different tables from China, Germany, Vietnam, Tawain, Korea, Japan, Dominican Republic, Brazil, India, Turkey, and a few more that I can't think of. They were all run by the MBA students from Purdue. It was very cool and the kids really enjoyed learning about all the different cultures.


Can you guess what each one says?


Yep, their names in Korean (top paper) and Chinese (bottom paper).

















Posted by Picasa

No comments: