Friday, January 6, 2012

Trip to Evansville

My cousins all came home for Christmas to Evansville this year, so we made a quick trip down there to see them and their families. We met up with them at the bowling alley and had a fun time just hanging out. Callie met her cousin who is about 3 weeks younger than her and they were both kind of curious at first, but then relaxed and enjoyed each other's company once the food was handed out!
Clockwise from left to right: John and Ryan; Cathryn and her new husband Stephen with Tyler; Beth and Addie with Callie and me; Addie and Callie; Beth and her husband Eric; Scott and wife Jana and their son Jackson (who is about a month older than Callie); the three little ones - Jackson, Callie and Addie.

Harrison beat Tyler and Morgan! I was the winner out of all of us (the Allens) and I think Ryan was the overall winner. Their little bowling shoes were so cute - especially Harrison's!

We went to visit my Grandma Elzer and the kids had a ball playing in her beauty shop in the basement. Tyler picked up the "vintage" phone and started dialing a bunch of numbers because he didn't know it was "real" and still worked! We all got a kick out of that and so we showed them how it works. Needless to say they had fun answering phone calls from us! They couldn't believe that we used phones like that when we were growing up! And I think that chair is from the 60s or somewhere around then! She's got some pretty cool "antiques"!


Us with Grandma Elzer


The next day we went over to the church and had a yummy lunch, played volleyball and just enjoyed visiting with my aunt and cousins. Thanks for the pictures, Beth! It was a quick trip, but I'm sure glad we went! We actually pulled the kids out of school for the last two days, so they missed their Christmas parties and Christmas program, but I was glad we got to see family we hardly ever get to see. I think the kids enjoyed it too.

Girl talk; my favorite cousin and me; playing volleyball; cheesing for the camera; the happy grandparents.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: