Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Desk Makeover!

So I have this corner in our office space that is COMPLETELY unorganized, cluttered and DRIVING ME CRAZY! I REALLY needed something to help organize it all, so when I found this desk for $10 I couldn't resist! As long as it was sturdy, I had a vision to make it cute and very useful!

From drab, dull and outdated:






To fun, cute and totally updated!

I always thought it would be so fun to have a built-in window seat in our room because we have the perfect cut-out wall space for it, but I don't see that happening anytime soon, so I decided to put my "new" desk there instead. I am using it to sit my sewing machine and sewing box on as well as a place to store my other crafty project supplies, like fabric, headbands, silk flowers, etc. I found the idea of using ribbon instead of hardware to save on cost in some magazine I read a long time ago, but I can't find all my torn out magazine page ideas, so I'm glad I remembered it! I LOVE the way it looks! Now I just need to find a cute chair I can re-d0 to match it.

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Tiffany Alldredge Smith said...

ADORABLE!!! I LOVE it!!

Jeni Allen said...

Super, super cute! It looks awesome!

Angela said...

Wow! Love the ribbon idea. Very cute!

Ashley said...

Kris! This desk make-over is so completely adorable! I LOVE the shape and look of it and how you finished it off with the fabric handles. So clever.

:( By the way, we never found any decent prices on flights, so I don't think we are coming out this spring break... so sad. Hopefully at least Riley and I will get out there this year! I'm crossing my fingers! Miss you!

Ashley said...

Just thinking about you Kris!! Hope you guys are doing well. Love ya! Ashley