Wednesday, October 3, 2012

New furniture!!!

So after 12 years of marriage, we FINALLY bought our OWN, NEW furniture!!!  I have been waiting for this day for a LOOOONG time! :)  It was a lot of fun looking for just the right style and size and especially fun picking out the pillows!  I love the light aqua blue and wanted to incorporate it into my color scheme, but didn't have the budget to completely throw all my other decor (which I still loved!) away and start over, so I was ESTATIC to find a fabric pattern that had ALL the colors I wanted in it PLUS I loved the pattern!


 This one-and-a-half chair can fit two people comfortably, and FOUR kids a bit uncomfortably. :)



Since I didn't have any aqua blue decor, I used some of my birthday money and bought this awesome little ceramic vase.  I also added the flowers I used for Morgan's baptism to the mantle as well.



Before getting the furniture and pillows, I was thinking that I wanted to paint this little table the aqua blue for another pop of color, but once I had everything in place, I realized that if I painted it blue, it would be too much blue since I have two blue pillows as well.  So I thought about painting it red, but then my sister pointed out that my curtains are pretty bland against the wall and that maybe I should use the red for the curtains, which would then leave me wondering what color to paint the table again.  I don't know yet.  But I do like the idea of getting red curtains.  Maybe with Christmas money I can do that.


I haven't had anything on top of the entertainment center since we moved here except for displaying Morgan's baptism pictures, so I decided to add some color to the room that way too.  I saw this beautiful red ceramic platter at Hobby Lobby, but 1) it was WAY to expensive and 2) it was ceramic and BIG, so I didn't want it to get broken by some toy being thrown around.  SO I remembered I had this fun silver platter that I could transform into a "faux" ceramic platter - a lot less expensive and definitely less breakable!  It turned out great!  So now, besides painting the dresser at some point, I am pretty much done updating and decorating my house!  I love it all and it makes me so happy looking at it every day!  If I am going to be home, then I want to enjoy my surroundings! :)


1 comment:

dmorganfam said...

Everything looks great! I am really impressed with all of it. I wouldn't have guessed that the red platter was faux painted. Good job!